The Northwest Missouri Regional Arthritis Center (NWMRAC) is one of seven such regional centers established in Missouri. The center is designed to offer arthritis education and outreach programs to people with arthritis, community members, allied health professionals, and physicians. NWRAC is located at 802 N. Riverside, Suite 225, St. Joseph, MO 64507.
The NWMRAC serves a 12-county area including: Nodaway, Andrew, Buchanan, Atchison, Holt, Gentry, Harrison, Worth, Dekalb, Daviess, Caldwell and Clinton counties.
The mission of the Missouri Arthritis Project and the Regional Arthritis Centers is to reduce the burden of rheumatic disease by promoting optimal health and quality of life for all Missourians affected by arthritis, rheumatic diseases and related musculoskeletal conditions through prevention, early intervention, education, service and collaboration.
- Free Information - Facts about, and advice on how to cope with arthritis are available at the various literature sites which are maintained in the area.
- Joint Venture Newsletter
- Joint Venture Library
- Self Help Aids - At cost
- Speaker’s Bureau - Featuring professionals who will speak on arthritis-related topics for clubs, community organizations or religious gatherings.
- Community Education - Conducted by physicians and other healthcare professionals who work daily with people suffering from arthritis.
- Education Seminars - Available for physicians and allied health professionals.
- Group Activity Classes - Adult and child water exercises, PACE, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Disease self-management courses.
- Referrals - For early diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitative care, and other appropriate community resources.
- Arthritis Support Groups - Providing support for individuals as well as for families of persons living with arthritis.
- Juvenile Arthritis - Quarterly Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic; Carol Lindsley, MD, Pediatric Rheumatologist.
- Patee Market Healthcare Center - An indigent clinic providing health benefits for people with arthritis.
- Reading Collection – NWRAC has many materials available to help you learn more about arthritis and related conditions.